Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spring fashion report : coral lipstick, greige, & going vegan!

I usually don't post two days in a row but I just couldn't help it. I received the April issue of Glamour magazine in the mail yesterday. I decided to flip through it while I was killing time waiting for Modern Family to start. (Side note- HILARIOUS show! I am in love with Cam; borderline obsessed, hence the "I love Cam!" check box at the bottom of each of my blogs. Tonight's episode was a re-run but it was the one where Gloria learns to ride a bike and Cam confronts a homeless man living in his daughter's princess castle; a classic!) Right after I read that hot-coral nail polish and lipstick paired with greige (grayish beige) clothing is in this spring, I flipped the page and was very pleasantly surprised. No, we are still not over this ridiculous high-waist jeans and pants phase. Sorry to break the news. BUT, Glamour did run an article about the vegan diet! YAY! I would have liked the article to be a bit longer and less about how to lose a quick 20 pounds, but it's a start! Millie enjoyed it. :) There are some vegan celebrities out there, so who knows... it might catch on! Even if it becomes a fad-diet, I'll take it! A few famous vegans that were mentioned are Natalie Portman, Ellen DeGeneres, Tobey Maguire, Gennifer Goodwin, Alanis Morissette, and Jason Mraz.

I also went to Darbster's for dinner tonight. I seriously can't get enough of that place. I took Corey with me this time. He had their fried chik'n sandwich. The 'thrown'up peace sign in the picture denotes his approval. Haha! I didn't taste it, but it looked great. He said it was good even though he couldn't taste much of the "chicken" since he smothered it with their amazing buffalo sauce that we got with our Trees wings appetizer. It was topped with a fried onion ring and garlic aioli. I wanted to try something new. I got the enchiladas. They were VERY good. You wouldn't know they were vegan. The portion was too much for me so Corey finished mine and he liked them so much he said that is what he is going to order from now on when we go back. We were both a fan of the sour cream. Not sure what brand it was, or how it was made. The enchiladas were served with black beans and brown rice, along with guacamole, salsa, and sour cream. Everything was very flavorful and spicy! YUM! Aside from their great food, the atmosphere is also what keeps me coming back. They have relaxing, live entertainment. It's easy to sit and stay for a while. Oh, and Arlow (not sure if I'm spelling thar right), the German Shepherd, is usually there scoping things out. I love that dogs are welcome! One of these days I will attempt to bring one of mine in... I seriously doubt they could handle BOTH of my yappers. :)

1 comment: